Jamia Rahmani - An Introduction
Jamia Rahmani, Munger (Bihar) is among the most prominent sites of Islamic learning in India and over the past century has played a pivotal role in Islamic education and produced graduates that have been internationally recognized for their intellect and service to mankind. This institution has also played a crucial role in the development of the Madaris and other educational institutions and their curriculum not only in the states of Bihar, Bengal, Orissa but rather India as a whole.
This Madrasah turned Jamia was established in the year 1927 by the eminent scholar Hazrat Maulana Mohammad Ali Mungeri (r.a.), the founder of Nadwatul Ulama, Lucknow. The then Ameer-e-Shari'at and founder-General Secretary of the All India Muslim Personal Law Board Hazrat Maulana Minnatullah Rahmani (r.a.), carried it forward to being a Jamia and lead this institution to its current heights. Since, 1991 Hazrat Maulana Mohammad Wali Rahmani Sahib is presiding as the President of this renowned institution.
Timeline of Historical Events at Jamia Rahmani
- 1901 Inception of Khanquah Rahmani
- 1927 Inception of Jamia Rahmani
- 1934 Jamia Rahmani was closed due to the destruction caused by the earthquake
- 1942 Jamia Rahmani was re-established by Hazrat Amir-e-Shariat Maulana Minnatullah Rahmani r.A.
- 1954 Contemporary studies were included in the curriculum
- 1972 Hazrat Amir-e-Shariat Maulana Minnatullah Sahib Rahmani r.A. and his associates established Muslim Personal Law board
- 1978 Convention of Islamic Madaris
- 1992 Tahaffuz-e-shariat.
- 1993 Tahaffuz-e-shahariat.
- 2002 Madaris-e-Islamiyyah Convention
- 2003 Seventeenth convention of All India Muslim Personal Law Board
- 2003 Inception of national movement for societal reform
- 2008 National seminar on the subject of freedom struggle of India
- 2009 National seminar on the subject of freedom struggle of India before 1857
- 2010 Introduction of contemporary methods in teaching Arabic, English and Information Technology
The academia primarily comprises of Islamic theology, Quranic Exegesis, Hadith, Arabic and Persian studies along with subjects such as the Information Technology, Mathematics, Logic, English, Hindi, History, Geography etc. The academic approach inculcates a passion to serve and therefore education is not limited to imparting theory to students but also developing in them understanding of its implementation. Emphasis is placed on appropriateness of the depth of the knowledge along with the breadth of it, that students should graduate with.
Jamia Rahmani is blessed with a team of well qualified and very dedicated teachers who live side by side with students and are available to guide and support students in their initiatives and research. These teachers are a diverse group of people coming from various prestigious institutions such as Kulliyat Darul Uloom - Egypt, Darul Uloom - Deoband, Darul Uloom Nadwatul Ulama - Lucknow, Mazahir Uloom - Saharanpur and Jamia Rahmani - Munger.
The Jamia is adorned with a magnificent library named "Kutubkhana Rahmania," that has a wealth of knowledge with books dating back to 900 years. The uniqueness of the library comes from the research material and books that were selected overtime by many scholars beginning with its founder Hazrat Maulana Mohammad Ali Mungeri r.A. The library has handpicked reference materials on diverse topics such as Fiqh, Hadith, Quran, Arabic/Persian Grammar, Morphology, Rhetoric besides others. There is another library at the Literary Society managed by students, which has books on varied subjects from which students benefit.
Environment and living
A grand mosque, multi-storied hostel, teachers' quarters, several instruction buildings, several playgrounds make up the campus of this institutions. Students benefit from the Islamic environment of the Jamia that helps blend knowledge with practice and shapes the development of their moral values and practice. In addition to regular seminars, conferences and debates, students involve themselves in various students' societies and benefit from their competitive and collaborative spirits. Various physical activities such as games and sports in addition to regular exercises are conducted regularly for healthy body and mind.